As we age, it becomes even more important to take care of our teeth like any other aspect of health. There is a misconception that tooth decay and its damage are inevitable with age. However, if we take good care of our mouth, our teeth can look healthy and beautiful and last a lifetime. Here are some tips to help you maintain and improve your oral health during your teen years. Best dental services in Houston
Brush your teeth at least twice a day. After each meal and slowly, with small oval movements, pay special attention to the gums, back teeth (difficult to reach), and areas around the crown and filling teeth. Be sure to brush your tongue from front to back to remove odor-causing bacteria. Also, replace the brush every three months or so before the Brussels starts.
– Use dental floss. Its use allows eliminating bacterial plaque that accumulates between the teeth and under the gums, where caries and periodontal diseases often begin.
– Take care of your diet. The diet you follow has a lot to do with your oral health. Ideally, eat a varied and balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables, avoid snacking between meals and reduce your intake of sweets and sweets.
– stop smoking. This unhealthy habit increases the risk of lung cancer and other cancers, but it also increases the risk of problems with gum tissue and cavities.
Periodontal disease and stress
Fight gum problem. Periodontal disease is more common in adults, involving infection and inflammation of the gums and bone tissue that support teeth, which is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. The first stage of the disease is known as gingivitis and is the most advanced periodontitis. Needless to say, poor oral hygiene makes the disease worse, leading to a build-up of plaque. The good news is that it can be fought and early diagnosis is essential.
– avoid stress. Due to the fast pace of daily life, the number of patients suffering from bruxism (involuntary squeaking or constriction) is increasing every year, which causes not only cavities and cavities but also joint problems and headaches. If you notice any of these symptoms, comment on them the next time you visit the dentist.
– Improve the aesthetics of your face. It’s never too late to sport a healthy, beautiful smile. Currently, many patients resort to orthodontics, replacing lost parts for implants, covering teeth with changes in shape and color, or whitening them with bleaching techniques. Well-groomed teeth are less dirty and clean better. Best dental services in Houston
– Receive regular reviews. Visit the dentist regularly for teeth cleaning and complete examination. A dentist’s opinion is the key to assessing the general condition of your mouth and taking timely action in case of problems such as dental problems or periodontal disease. The sooner a solution is found, the better the diagnosis.
Mouth, a reflection of our general state of health
It should be remembered that poor oral health can be a symptom of a pre-existing or unknown disease and can be avoided because of the importance of taking care of this part of the body. to raise awareness. is about
Therefore, good oral hygiene at home, a healthy lifestyle, and regular visits to the dentist play an important role in general health and make your teeth healthy, beautiful and can last a lifetime. In good condition, clean and cared for the mouth is not only a great cover letter but our very own health thermometer.