There are various ways to remove unwanted hair. With myths and misinformation surrounding these treatments, it can be difficult to decide which is best for your skin. Here are the facts on the most popular ways of unwanted hair removal in Melbourne.
Shaving is one of the most commonly used methods to remove unwanted hair. The razor cuts the unwanted hair present on the skin surface so that the hair is not visible. However, it doesn’t remove the hair from the roots and the hair grows back in a few days. It is a quick and ad hoc solution to unwanted hair removal.
Facts about shaving
- Learning to shave is quick and doing it is easy.
- You can shave on any part of the body
- Shaving is a painless process unless you get cut with a razor.
- The result is short-lived. The hair will grow back within a couple of days. You may be required to shave daily or after every 2 days to maintain the hair removal results
- Shaving daily can develop thicker ingrown hair
- Injuries like razor burns, nicks, cuts, could happen
- Frequent shaving could irritate the skin.
In the waxing process, cold or hot wax is applied to the skin, and then it’s quickly pulled out and removed. This action pulls out the unwanted hair from the skin. This process is painful but the results last for comparatively longer periods than shaving. Waxing is one of the most commonly used methods of unwanted hair removal by men and women alike.
Facts about waxing
- The results are long-lasting; they will last for a few weeks or longer periods
- Waxing yourself requires practise and takes time to learn
- The waxing process could be painful
- Waxing can be done on any part of the body, including the delicate areas like the area above the upper lips, and large areas like the legs and hands.
- The newly waxed skin looks irritated and red for a short period after waxing
- If the wax is too hot it could burn the skin
Laser hair removal
Laser technology is the most advanced and secure method of permanent unwanted hair removal in Melbourne. It is the most preferred treatment to permanently get rid of unwanted hair by men and women alike.
The TGA & FDA approved laser device emits high-intensity light beams which are focused in the target ski area. The pigment or colour of the hair follicles absorbs the light emitting from the laser beams. This destroys the hair follicles, therefore, hair cannot grow back on the skin. In general, it requires approximately 6 treatment sessions to destroy the hair follicles however, it is a permanent solution to the problem of unwanted hair. The hair grows thinner and finer with every treatment session and is gradually removed from the skin.
It is not a DIY routine. To achieve the best hair removal results, the laser treatment has to be performed by an experienced laser and skin professional, with TGA & FDA, approved laser device, and under controlled circumstances.
The use of cheap laser equipment and inexperience of the laser professional can cause many long term risks and side effects on the skin. Therefore, you need to check the credentials of the clinic and the laser professional before undergoing laser treatment for unwanted hair removal in Melbourne.
Nitai Medical and Cosmetic Centre provides the most comprehensive laser hair removal treatment under the supervision of highly experienced Skin & Laser professional, Dr Shobhna Singh.
Facts about laser hair removal
- You may need to undergo about 6 treatment sessions, but you achieve permanent hair removal outcomes.
- Laser hair removal is suitable for all skin types and colours. The laser professional should possess ample experience in performing laser treatment on darker skin tones to achieve the best outcomes for people with darker skin tones.
- It is a swift and secure procedure. Does not require any downtime
- Men with ingrown hairs or constant razor burns due to frequent shaving can eliminate their beard and other unwanted hair permanently with laser hair removal.
- Laser hair removal is not effective on white, blonde, red or grey hair because the laser cannot effectively target hairs that are light coloured.
- The treated area has to be protected from the sun till it heals to avoid pigmentation or sunspots.
- If your skin has a tan, then you need to wait for the tan to completely fade away before you plan to undergo laser hair removal.
Consult our experienced laser professional to get more advice on unwanted hair removal in Melbourne. To know more, visit Nitai Medical and Cosmetic Centre today.